CDC Palmer is a high-yielding Kabuli chickpea, with a light cream-beige colour and ram-hea shaped seed. It was released to Saskatchewan and Alberta Select Seed Growers in 2014. It has medium-late maturity and moderate resistance to ascochyta blight. CDC Palmer is well suited to all current chickpea growing areas in the Dark Brown and Brown soil zones of southern Saskatchewan and south eastern Alberta. The variety also has PBR protection.
- Improved yield vs. check variety Amit (B-90):
- 9% higher in brown and 6% higher in dark brown soil zones in 6 years of testing in SK (2017 Saskatchewan Seed Guide)
- Earlier maturing compared to Amit or CDC Orion
- Moderate resistance to ascochyta blight
- Seed size is predominantly 9-10 mm